I love researching quotes around very specific topics, as it gives you a quick synthesis from some of the top thinkers.
I’ll revisit this often and add more quotes, or update as I learn more about certain subject areas.
As a digital marketing agency owner, I run a service business and do not have product management experience. However, I am learning about product management in an effort to build a productized service and eventually SaaS out of my current services, while retaining certain enterprise service clients. So in my journey to that phase, I read up on product management concepts. This is some early research that may be updated at any time!
Here are 10 of the best business quotes related to product management I could find:
- “Great products are engineered when product managers truly understand their customers’ problems.” – Marty Cagan (Inspired: How to Create Tech Products Customers Love)
- “Building a visionary company requires one percent vision and 99 percent alignment.” – Jim Collins (Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies)
- “The purpose of a prototype is to prove a point, not create a product.” – Tom & David Kelley (Creative Confidence: Unleashing the Creative Potential Within Us All)
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” – Steve Jobs
- “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky (Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality)
- “You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the technology – not the other way around.” – Steve Jobs
- “The key to successful product management is a deep understanding of the customer’s needs, combined with a clear vision of the product’s purpose and direction.” – Roman Pichler (Agile Product Management with Scrum: Creating Products That Customers Love)
- “Product management is the art of knowing what to build, the science of knowing how to build it, and the discipline of getting it done on time and on budget.” – Ben Horowitz (The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers)
- “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
- “Fall in love with the problem, not the solution.” – Uri Levine (co-founder of Waze)
Leave a Reply